40. C. Wolenski, A. Wood, C. Mathai, J. McFarland, K. Gangopadhyay, S. Gangopadhyay, M.R. Maschmann, ”Nanoscale Al and MoO3 Surface Reactions by Photothermal Heating,” Nanotechnology, accepted, 2018
39. B. Chen, H. Zheng, M. Riehn, S. Bok, K. Gangopadhyay, J. McFarland, S. Gangopadhyay, M.R. Maschmann, “Enhanced Fluorescence for in situ temperature mapping of photothermally heated aluminum nanoparticles enabled by a plasmonic grating substrate,” 2018, Nanotechnology, 29, 395501.
38. A. Wang, S. Bok, R. Thiruvengadathan, K. Gangopadhyay, J.A. McFarland, M.R. Maschmann, S. Gangopadhyay, “Reactive Nanoenergetic Graphene Aerogel Synthesized by One-Step Chemical Reduction,” 2018, Combustion and Flame, 196, 400-406.
37. J. Carpena-Nunez, B. Davis, A.E. Islam, J. Brown, G. Sargent, N. Murphy, T. Back, M.R. Maschmann, B. Maruyama, “Water-assisted, electron-beam induced activation of carbon nanotube catalyst supports for mask-less, resist-free patterning,” 2018, Carbon, 135, 270-277.
36. B. Chen, H. Zheng, M. Riehn, S. Bok, K. Gangopadhyay, M.R. Maschmann, S. Gangopadhyay, “In-Situ Characterization of Photothermal Nanoenergetic Combustion on a Plasmonic Microchip,” 2018, Applied Materials and Interfaces, 10, 427-436.
35. N. Zakiyyan, A.Wang, R. Thiruvengadathan, C. Staley, J. Mathai, K. Gangopadhyay, M.R. Maschmann, S. Gangopadhyay, ” Combustion of Aluminum Nanoparticles and Exfoliated 2D Molybdenum Trioxide Composites,” 2018, Combustion and Flame, 187, 1-10.
34. R. Carter, B. Davis, L. Oakes, M.R. Maschmann, C.L. Pint, ”High Areal Capacity Lithium Sulfur Battery Cathode by Site-Selective Vapor Infiltration of Hierarchical Carbon Nanotube Arrays,” Nanoscale, 2017, 9(39), 15018-15026.
33. H. Deng, Y. Dong , J.-W. Su, C. Zhang, Y. Xie, C. Zhang, M.R. Maschmann, Y. Lin, and J. Lin, “Bio-inspired Programmable Polymer Gel Controlled by Swellable Guest Medium,” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2017, 9(36), 30900-30908.
32. P.P.S.S. Abadi, M.R. Maschmann, S.L. Hodson, T.S. Fisher, J.W. Baur, S. Graham, B.A. Cola, “Mechanical Behavior of Carbon Nanotube Forests Grown with Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition: Pristine and Conformally Coated,” J. Eng. Mater. Technol, 2017, 139, 034502.
31. J. Brown, B. Davis, M.R. Maschmann, “Precision Milling of Carbon Nanotube Forests using Low Pressure Scanning Electron Microscopy,” Jove, 2017, e55149-e55149.
30. B. Davis, X. Yan, N. Muralidharan, L. Oakes, C. Pint, M.R. Maschmann, “Electrically Conductive Hierarchical Carbon Nanotube Networks with Tunable Mechanical Response,” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2016,8 (41), 28004-28011.
29. S. Sadasivam, S. L. Hodson, M. R. Maschmann, T. S. Fisher, “Microstructure-Dependent Heat Transfer Modeling of Carbon Nanotube Thermal Interface Materials,” ASME J. Heat Transfer, 2016, 138, 042402.
28. B Rajabifar, S Kim, K Slinker, GJ Ehlert, AJ Hart, MR Maschmann, “Three-dimensional machining of carbon nanotube forests using water-assisted scanning electron microscope processing,” Applied Physics Letters, 2015, 107 (14), 1431.
27. MR Maschmann, “Integrated simulation of active carbon nanotube forest growth and mechanical compression,” Carbon, 2015, 86, 26-37.
26. A. Kumar, M.R. Maschmann, S.L. Hodson, J. Baur, T.S. Fisher, ” Carbon nanotube arrays decorated with multi-layer graphene-nanopetals enhance mechanical strength and durability,” Carbon, 2015, 84, 236-245.
25. MD Clark, MR Maschmann, RJ Patel, BJ Leever, “Scratch resistance and durability enhancement of bulk heterojunction organic photovoltaics using ultra-thin alumina layers,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, 2014, 128, 178-183.
24. A Brieland‐Shoultz, S Tawfick, SJ Park, M Bedewy, MR Maschmann, AJ Hart, “Scaling the Stiffness, Strength, and Toughness of Ceramic‐Coated Nanotube Foams into the Structural Regime,” Advanced Functional Materials 24, 2014, (36), 5728-5735.
23. MR Maschmann, GJ Ehlert, BT Dickinson, DM Phillips, CW Ray, GW Reich, JW Baur, “Bioinspired Carbon Nanotube Fuzzy Fiber Hair Sensor for Air‐Flow Detection,” Advanced Materials, 2014, 26 (20), 3230-3234.
22. PPSS Abadi, MR Maschmann, SM Mortuza, S Banerjee, JW Baur, S. Graham, BA Cola, “Reversible tailoring of mechanical properties of carbon nanotube forests by immersing in solvents,” Carbon, 2014, 69, 178-187.
21. MR Maschmann, GJ Ehlert, S Tawfick, AJ Hart, JW Baur, “Continuum analysis of carbon nanotube array buckling enabled by anisotropic elastic measurements and modeling, ” Carbon, 2014, 66, 377-386.
20. PPSS Abadi, MR Maschmann, JW Baur, S Graham, BA Cola, “Deformation response of conformally coated carbon nanotube forests, ” Nanotechnology, 2013, 24 (47), 475707.
19. S Tawfick, Z Zhao, M Maschmann, A Brieland-Shoultz, M De Volder, JW Baur, W Lu, AJ Hart, “Mechanics of capillary forming of aligned carbon nanotube assemblies,” Langmuir, 2013 29 (17), 5190-5198
18. YC Lu, J Joseph, MR Maschmann, L Dai, J Baur, “Rate-dependent, large-displacement deformation of vertically aligned carbon nanotube arrays,” Challenges in Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials and Processes in Conventional and Multifunctional Materials, Volume 2, Pages 101-107.
17. M.R. Maschmann, G. Ehlert, S.J. Park, D. Mollenhauer, B. Maruyama, A. J. Hart, J.W. Baur, “Visualizing Strain Evolution and Coordinated Buckling within CNT Arrays by In Situ Digital Image Correlation,” Advanced Functional Materials, 2012, 22, 4686-4695. [Featured as front cover article].
16. M.R. Maschmann, G. Ehlert, B. Dickinson, J. Baur, “Force Sensitive CNT Arrays for Bio-Inspired Airflow Sensing Applications,” Smart Materials & Structures, 2012, 29, 094024.
15. Y.C. Lu, J. Joseph, Q. Zhang, M.R. Maschmann, L. Dai, J. Baur, “Large-Displacement Indentation Testing of Vertically Aligned Carbon Nanotube Arrays,” Experimental Mechanics, 2012, 52, 1551-1554.
14. M. R. Maschmann, Q. Zhang, R. Wheeler, Feng Du, L. Dai, and J. Baur, “In Situ SEM Observation of Column-Like and Foam-Like CNT Array Nanoindentation,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2011, 3, 648-653.
13. M. R. Maschmann, Q. Zhang, F. Du, L. Dai, J. Baur, ”Length dependent foam-like mechanical response of axially indented vertically oriented carbon nanotube arrays,” Carbon, 2011, 49, 386-397.
12. M.R. Maschmann, A.D. Franklin, T.D. Sands, and T.S. Fisher, “Optimization of porous anodic Al-Fe-Al templates for SWNT synthesis,” Carbon, 2007, 45, 2290-2296.
11. Q. Hang, M.R. Maschmann, T.S. Fisher, D.B. Janes, “Assemblies of 2 nm Carbon Nanotubes and Unencapsulated Sub-10 nm Gold Nanoparticles,” Small, 2007, 3, 1266-1271.
10. A.D. Franklin, M.R. Maschmann, M. DaSilva, D.B. Janes, T.S. Fisher, T.D. Sands, “In-place fabrication of nanowire electrode arrays for vertical nanoelectronics on Si substrates,” J. Vac. Sci. B, 2007, 25, 343-347.
9. M.R. Maschmann, A.D. Franklin, A. Scott, D.B Janes, T.D. Sands, T.S. Fisher, “Lithography-free in situ contact metallization to single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Nano Letters, 2006, 6, 2712-2717.
8. M.R. Maschmann, A.D. Franklin, P.B. Amama, D. Zhakarov, E.A. Stach, T.D. Sands, T.S. Fisher, “Vertical single- and double-walled carbon nanotubes grown from modified porous anodic alumina templates.” Nanotechnology, 2006, 17, 3925-3929. Nanotechnology Feature Article.
7. M.R. Maschmann, P.B. Amama, A. Goyal, Z. Iqbal, T.S. Fisher, “Freestanding vertically oriented single-wall carbon nanotubes synthesized using microwave plasma-enhanced CVD,” Carbon, 2006, 44, 2758-2763.
6. P.B. Amama, M.R. Maschmann, T.S. Fisher, T.D. Sands, “Dendrimer-Templated Fe Nanoparticles for the Growth of Single-Wall Carbon Nanotubes by Plasma-Enhanced CVD,” J. Phys. Chem. B, 2006, 110, 10636-10644.
5. P.B. Amama, O. Ogebule, M.R. Maschmann, T.D. Sands, T.S. Fisher, “Dendrimer-assisted low-temperature growth of carbon nanotubes by plasma-enhanced chemical vapor deposition.” Chem. Comm., 2006, 2899-2901.
4. M.R. Maschmann, P.B. Amama, A. Goyal, Z. Iqbal, T.S. Fisher, R. Gat, “Parametric study of synthesis conditions in plasma-enhanced CVD of high-quality single-walled carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, 2006, 44, 10-18.
3. M. Park, B.A. Cola, T. Siegmund, J. Xu, M.R. Maschmann, T. S. Fisher, H. Kim, “Effects of a carbon nanotube layer on electrical contact resistance between copper substrates,” Nanotechnology, 2006, 17, 2294-2303.
2. M.R. Maschmann, H.B. Ma, “An Investigation of Capillary Flow Effect on Condensation Heat Transfer on a Grooved Plate,” Heat Transfer Engineering, 2006, 27, 22-31.
1. C.K. Teoh, M.R. Maschmann, H.B. Ma, “Heat-transfer analysis in heat sink embedded with a thermosyphon,” Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 2003, 17, 348-353.
J. Hay, M.R. Maschmann, J. Baur, “Mechanical Testing of Carbon Nanotube Arrays,” 2010. http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5990-5834EN.pdf