Advanced Nanostructures Group
The Advanced Nanostructures Group at the University of Missouri, led by Professor Matt Maschmann, examines the manufacturing, characterization, and application of diverse structures originating from nanoscale material building blocks. The group explores the fundamental behavior of nanoscale material systems to enable performance metrics exceeding those available from conventional materials. Our research interests include the fundamental growth and assembly of nanomaterials, nanoscale mechanics, processing techniques, and application of nanoscale materials for diverse applications. The group is also keenly interested in energy-based applications, particularly those related to thermal transport.
- B. Chen, H. Zheng, M. Riehn, S. Bok, K. Gangopadhyay, M.R. Maschmann, S. Gangopadhyay, “In-Situ Characterization of Photothermal Nanoenergetic Combustion on a Plasmonic Microchip,” 2018, Applied Materials and Interfaces, accepted.
- N.Zakiyyan, A.Wang, R. Thiruvengadathan, C. Staley, J. Mathai, K. Gangopadhyay, M.R. Maschmann, S. Gangopadhyay, ” Combustion of Aluminum Nanoparticles and Exfoliated 2D Molybdenum Trioxide Composites,” 2018, Combustion and Flame, accepted.
- R. Carter, B. Davis, L. Oakes, M.R. Maschmann, C.L. Pint, ”High Areal Capacity Lithium Sulfur Battery Cathode by Site-Selective Vapor Infiltration of Hierarchical Carbon Nanotube Arrays,” 2017, Nanoscale, accepted.
- Congratulations to Taher for passing his comprehensive exam!
- Professor Maschmann receives the NSF CAREER award.
- Congratulations to Matt Reihn for his successful M.S. defense!
- Congratulations to Ryan Kostos and Patrick Kinsella for receiving runner-up in the 2017 Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Forum!
- Congratulations to Ben Davis for winning Outstanding MAE M.S. Student!!
- Welcome to Ph.D. student Taher Hajilounazhad!
- Ben Davis and Ryan hines submit winning image to nano.gov EnvisionNano contest!