Journal Publications in Chronological Order ( † Co-first; * corresponding author; ¶undergraduate)
Google scholar citation report can be reached here.
- J. W. Su, X. Tao, H. Deng, C. Zhang, S. Jiang, Y. Lin, and J. Lin*. “4D printing of a Self-morphing Polymer Driven by Swellable Guest Medium.” Soft Matter, 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C7SM01796K.
- S. Rismiller¶, M. Groves¶, M. Meng¶, Y. Dong, J. Lin*. “Water Assisted Liquefaction of Lignocellulose Biomass by ReaxFF Based Molecular Dynamic Simulations.” Fuel 2017, accepted.
- H. Deng, Y. Dong, C. Zhang, Y. Xie, C. Zhang, and J. Lin*. “An Instant Responsive Polymer Driven by Anisotropy of Crystal Phases.” Materials Horizons 2017, DOI: 10.1039/C7MH00854F.
- Y. Dong, G. T. Martha¶, C. Zhang, J. Lin*. “Computational Study of Precision Nitrogen Doping in Graphene Nanoribbon Edges.” Nanotechnology 2017, 28, 505602.
- C. Zhang, J. W. Su, H. Deng, Y. Xie, Z. Yan*, and J. Lin*.”Rversible Self-assembly of 3D Architectures Actuated by Responsive Polymers.” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017, DOI: 10.1021/acsami.7b14887.
- H. Deng,† Y. Dong,† J. W. Su, C. Zhang, Y. Xie, C. Zhang, M. Macshman, Y. Lin, and J. Lin*. “Bioinspired Programmable Gel Controlled by Swellable Guest Medium.” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017, 9 (36), 30900–30908.
- C. Diao¶, Y. Dong*, J. Lin.”Reactive Force Field Simulation on Thermal Conductivities of Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene.” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 2017, 112, 903-912.
- S. Ravula, C. Zhang, J. Essner, J. D. Roberston, J. Lin, and G. A. Baker. “Ionic liquid-assisted synthesis of nanoscale (MoS2)x(SnO2)1–x on reduced graphene oxide for the electrocatalytic hydrogen evolution reaction.” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017, 9 (9), 8065–8074.
- C. Zhang, Y. Xie, H. Deng, T. Tumlin, C. Zhang, J. W. Su, P. Yu, and J. Lin*. “Monolithic and Flexible ZnS/SnO2 Ultraviolet Photodetectors with Lateral Graphene Electrodes“. Small 2017, 13(18), 1604197.
- Y. Dong, S. C. Rismiller¶, J. Lin*. “Molecular Dynamic Simulation of Layered Graphene Clusters Formation from Polyimides under Extreme Conditions”. Carbon 2016, 104, 47-55.
- H Deng, C Zhang, Y Xie, T Tumlin, L Giri, S Karna, J Lin*. “Laser Induced MoS2/Carbon Hybrids for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction Catalysts”. Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2016, 4, 6824–6830. (Published as a special paper for Emerging Investigators 2016: Novel design strategies for new functional materials)
- Z. Peng, R. Ye, J. A. Mann, D. Zakhidov, Y. Li, P. R. Smalley, J. Lin*, and J. M. Tour*. “Flexible Boron-Doped Laser Induced Graphene Microsupercapacitors”. ACS Nano 2015, 9 (6), 5868–5875.
- A. O. Raji, T. Varadhachary, K.Nan, T. Wang, J. Lin, Y. Ji, B. Genorio, Y. Zhu, C. Kittrell, J. M Tour. “Composites of Graphene Nanoribbon Stacks and Epoxy for Joule Heating and Deicing of Surfaces”. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2016, 8 (5), pp 3551–3556
- R. Ye, Z. Peng, T. Wang, Y. Xu, J. Zhang, Y. Li, L. G. Nilewski, J. Lin, and J. M. Tour. “In Situ Formation of Metal Oxide Nanocrystals Embedded in Laser-Induced Graphene”. ACS Nano 2015, 9 (9), 9244–9259
- R. Ye, Z. Peng, A. Metzger, J. Lin, J. A. Mann, K. Huang, C. Xiang, X. Fan, E. L. G. Samuel, L. Alemany, A. A. Martí, J. Tour. “Bandgap Engineering of Coal-Derived Graphene Quantum Dots.” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2015, accepted.
- Z. Peng†, J. Lin†, R. Ye, E. Samuel, J. M. Tour. “Flexible and Stackable Laser-Induced Graphene Supercapacitors.” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2015, 7(5), 3414-3419
- Y. Li, Z. Peng, E. Larios, G. Wang, J. Lin, Z. Yan, F. Ruiz-Zepeda, M. J. Yacaman, and J. M. Tour. “Rebar Graphene from Functionalized Boron Nitride Nanotubes.” ACS Nano 2014, 9 (1), 532-538.
- J. Lin, Z. Peng, Y. Liu, R. Ye, E. Samuel,F. Ruiz-Zepeda, M. Jose-Yacaman,B. Yakobson, J. M. Tour. “Laser-induced Porous Graphene from Commercial Polymers.” Nature Commun. 2014, 5, 5714
- J. Lin, H. Ji, M. Swift, W. Hardy, Z. Peng, X. Fan, A. H. Nevidomsky, J. M. Tour, and D. Natelson. “Hydrogen Diffusion and Stabilization in Single-crystal VO2 Micro/nanobeams by Direct Atomic Hydrogenation.” Nano Lett. 2014, 14(9), 5445-5451.
- H. Zhou, J. Zhu, Z. Liu, Z. Yan, X. Fan, J. Lin, G. Wang, Q. Yan, T. Yu, P. M. Ajayan and J. M. Tour. “High Thermal Conductivity of Suspended Few-Layer Hexagonal Boron Nitride Sheets.” Nano Res. 2014, 7(8), 1232-1240.
- Z. Yan, Z. Peng, G. Casillas, J. Lin, C. Xiang, H. Zhou,Y. Yang, G. Ruan, A.-R. O. Raji, E. L. G. Samuel, R. H. Hauge, M. Jose-Yacaman,J. M. Tour. “Rebar Graphene.” ACS Nano 2014, 8 (5), 5061-5068
- J. Lin, Z. Peng, G. Wang, D. Zakhidov, E. Larios, M. Jose-Yacaman, J. M. Tour. “Enhanced Electrocatalysis for Hydrogen Evolution Reactions from WS2 Nanoribbons.” Adv. Energy Mater. 2014, 4 (10), DOI: 10.1002/aenm.2013018
- Z. Yan, Y. Liu, L. Ju, Z. Peng, J. Lin, G. Wang, H. Zhou, C. Xiang, E. L. G. Samuel, C. Kittrell, V. Artyukhov, F. Wang, B. I. Yakobson, and J. M. Tour. “Large Hexagonal Bi- and Trilayer Graphene Single Crystals with Varied Interlayer Rotations.” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2014, 126 (6), 1591-1595
- J. Lin, A. O. Rji, K. Nan, Z. Peng, Z. Yan, E. Samuel, D. Natelson, J. M. Tour, “Iron Oxide Nanoparticle and Graphene Nanoribbons Composite as an Anode Material for High-performance Li-Ion Batteries.” Adv. Funct. Mater. 2014, 24 (14), 2044-2048
- R. Ye, C. Xiang, J. Lin, Z. Peng, K. Huang, Z. Yan, E. Samuel, C. Hwang, G. Ruan, A. A. Martí and J. M. Tour. “Coal as an Abundant Source of Graphene Quantum Dots.” Nature Commun. 2013, 4:2943
- Z. Yan, Y. Liu, J. Lin, Z. Peng, E. Pembroke, H. Zhou, C. Xiang, A. O. Raji, E. Samuel, T. Yu, B. I. Yakobson , J. M. Tour. “Hexagonal Graphene Onion Rings.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135 (29), 10755–10762
- G. Wang, A. C. Lauchner, J. Lin, D. Natelson, K. V. Palem, J. M. Tour. “High‐Performance and Low‐Power Rewritable SiOx 1 kbit One Diode–One Resistor Crossbar Memory Array.” Adv. Mater. 2013, 25 (34), 4789-4793
- J. Lin, Z. Peng, C. Xiang, G. Ruan, Z. Yan, D. Natelson, J. M. Tour. “Highly Conductive Graphene Nanoribbons and Nanostructured SnO2 Composite as Anode Materials for Li-ion Batteries.” ACS Nano 2013, 7 (7), 6001–6006. [Highlighted by ScienceDaily, Futurity.org, EE Times, IEEE Spectrum, and Manufacturing Engineering Magazine (Society of Manufacturing Engineers)]
- C. Xiang, C. C. Young, X. Wang, Z. Yan, C. Hwang, G. Cerioti, J. Lin, J. Kono, M. Pasquali and J. M. Tour. “Large Flake Graphene Oxide Fiber with Unconventional 100% Knot Efficiency and Highly Aligned Small Flake Graphene Oxide Fiber.” Adv. Mater. 2013,25 (33), 4592-4597
- C. Zhang, Z. Peng, J. Lin, Y. Zhu, G. Ruan, C. Hwang, R. H. Hauge, J. M. Tour. “Splitting of Vertical Multiwalled Carbon Nanotube Carpet to a Graphene Nanoribbon Carpet and its use in Supercapacitor.” ACS Nano 2013, 7 (6), 5151–5159
- J. Lin, C. Zhang, Z. Yan,Y. Zhu, Z. Peng, R. H. Hauge, D. Natelson, J. M. Tour. “3-Dimensional Graphene Carbon Nanotube Carpets-based Microsupercapacitors with High Electrochemical Performance.” Nano Lett. 2013,13 (1), 72-78 (Top 20 downloaded paper in Dec, Jan and Feb. 2013)
- Z. Yan, J. Lin, Z. Peng, Z. Sun, Y. Zhu, L. Li, C. Xiang, E. L. Samuel, C. Kittrell,J. M. Tour. “Toward Synthesis of Wafer-scale Single-crystal Graphene on Copper Foil.” ACS Nano 2012,6 (10), 9110–9117
- J. Yao†, J. Lin†, Y. Dai, G. Ruan, Z. Yan, L. Li, L. Zhong, D. Natelson, J. M. Tour. “Highly Transparent Nonvolatile Resistive Memory Devices from Silicon Oxide and Graphene.” Nature Commun. 2012, 3:1101. [Reported by C&EN, ScienceDaily, EE Times Asia, IEEE Spectrum and Physics Org.]
- W Wang, S Guo, M Penchev, J Zhong, J. Lin, D Bao, V Vullev, M Ozkan, CS Ozkan. “Hybrid Low Resistance ultracapacitor Electrodes Based on 1-Pyrenebutyric Acid Functionalized Centimemeter-Scale Graphene Sheets.” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 2012 (9), 6913-6920
- J. Lin, J. Zhong, D. Bao, J. Reiber Kyle, W. Wang, V. Vullev, M. Ozkan, C. Ozkan, “Supercapacitors Based on Pillared Graphene Nanostructures.” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 2012, 12(3), 1770-1775
- J. Reiber Kyle, A. Guvenc, W. Wang, M. Ghazinejad, J. Lin, S. Guo, C. S. Ozkan, M. Ozkan. “Centimeter-Scale High-Resolution Metrology of Entire CVD-Grown Graphene Sheets.” Small 2011, 7, No. 28, 2599-2606
- S. Guo, J. Lin, M. Penchev, M. Ozkan, C. Ozkan. “Label Free DNA Detection Using Large Area Graphene Based Field Effect Transistor Biosensors.” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 2011, 11, 5258-5263
- A. Guvenc, J. Lin, M. Penchev, C. S. Ozkan, M. Ozkan. “Data Transmission Performance of Few Layer Graphene Ribbon Interconnects.” J. Nanosci. Nanotechnol. 2011, 11, 4830-4837
- J. Lin, J. Zhong, J. Reiber Kyle, M. Penchev, M. Ozkan, C. Ozkan. “Molecular Absorption and Photodesorption in Pristine and Functionalized Large-area Graphene.” Nanotechnology 2011, 22, 355701
- J. Lin, M. Penchev, G. Wang, R. Paul, J. Zhong, X. Jing, M. Ozkan, C. Ozkan. “Heterogeneous Graphene Nanostructures (HGN): ZnO Nanostructures Grown on Large Area Graphene Layers.” Small 2010, 6, No. 21, 2448-2452
- R. Paul, M. Ghazinejad, M. Penchev, J. Lin, M. Ozkan, C. Ozkan. “Synthesis of Pillared Graphene Nanostructure: a Counterpart of Three Dimensional Carbon Architecture.” Small 2010, 6, No. 20, 2309-2313
- J. Lin, D. Teweldebrhan, K. Ashraf, G. Liu, X. Jing, Z. Yan, R. Li, M. Ozkan, R. K. Lake, A. A. Balandin, C. S. Ozkan. “Gating of Single Layer Graphene Using Single-Stranded Deoxyribonucleic Acids.” Small 2010, 6, No. 10, 1150-1155
- Y. Ji, G. Qi, J. Lin. “Rule-based Method for Generating Mechanical Kinematic Function Scheme.” Journal of Zhejiang University (Engineering Science) 2007, Vol. 41, No. 8, 1265-1270
CONFERENCE TALKS (Selected)
- J. Lin. “All-Polymer Flexible Energy Storage Devices.” Society of Plastic Engineer-ANTEC, March, 2015, Orlando, FL (Invited)
- J. Lin. “Compatible In-plane Microsupercapacitors for Wearable Electronics.” IDTechEx-Supercapacitors, 2014, Santa Clara, CA, USA (Invited)
- J. Lin, G. Wang, D. Natleson, J. M. Tour. “SiOx Resistive Memory Device: Invisible Memory and 1D-1R 1Kbit Integration Applications.” NVMTS, 2013, Minneapolis, MN, USA (Invited)
- J. Lin, J. Zhong, D. Bao, J. Reiber-kyle, W. Wang, V. Vullev, M. Ozkan, C. S. Ozkan, “Electrochemical Supercapacitor Based on Flexible Pillar Graphene Nanostructures.” IEEE DRC Proc.2011, 69th Annual, page 91-92, 10.1109/DRC.2011.5994429