Home–Advanced Materials Lab
Welcome to Dr. Lin’s group which dedicates computational and experimental research in advanced materials synthesis and processing to promote the fields of energy, photonics, and electronics.
- 05/2017 Congratulation to Chenhao and Yuan. Their paper of “Reactive force field simulation on thermal conductivities of carbon nanotubes and graphene” was accepted by International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. Good job!
- 02/2017 Welcome visiting scholar Prof. Zhiguo Yuan from North University of China.
- 02/2017 Congratulation to Channing, Sheldon, Henry, Travis, Jerry, Jheng-wun for publishing their work of Monolithic and Flexible ZnS/SnO2 Ultraviolet Photodetectors with Lateral Graphene Electrodes in Small. Good Job!
- 01/2017 Welcome visiting scholar Prof. Yuan Lu from University of Science and Technology of China.
- 08/2016 Welcome visiting scholar Prof. Yunlong Wang from Jiangsu University.
- 07/2016 Congratulation to Anand Katailiha for passing his defense of Master degree in Mechanical Engineering! Hope you have a bright future.
- 03/2016 Our group’s first computational work by Yuan and Sean was accepted to Journal Carbon. The work was about molecular dynamic simulation on the synthesis mechanism of graphene like materials from polymers under extreme conditions. Congratulations!
- 02/2016 Congratulation to Channing, Henry, Jerry, and Sheldon for passing their qualify exams. Welcome board, Ph.D. candidates!
- 02/2016 Our group’s first experimental paper by Henry, Jerry, Shelton and Travis was published in Journal of Materials Chemistry-A. It is published as “2016 emerging investigators themed issue: novel design strategies for new functional materials.” The work was collaborative with Army Research Lab (ARL). Huge congratulation, all! This work has been highly reported by media such as: ScienceDaily, ScienceNewsline, Innovation Toronto, World of Renewables, MU News et al.
- 02/2016 Travis won 2nd place of student oral presentation during Nanotechnology for Defense (N4D) held in CA, 2015. MU Engineering reported this news. Congratulation, Travis!
- 09/2015 Welcome new group members Chase, Ethan, Jenny, Martha, and Melinda as undergraduate researchers.
- 09/2015 Travis was offered a NSF IGERT Program traineeship fellowship. This 2-year award will support his training in neutron scattering facility at MU. Congratulation, Travis!
- 08/2015 Welcome new group members Travis Tumlin and Cheng Zhang to join MU as Ph.D. students.
- 08/2015 Dr. Lin gave an invited talk at Army Research Lab.
- 05/2015 Welcome new group members Heng Deng and Yunchao Xie to join MU as Ph.D. students.
- 05/2015 Dr. Lin was chosen one of 35 winners to prestigious ORAU Ralph Powe Junior Faculty Enhancement Award for 2015-2016 academic year. ORAU has totally 115 Ph.D. granted universities.
- 01/2015 Dr. Lin’s follow-up work in laser graphene for stackable supercapacitors has been highlighted by ScienceDaily, Phys.Org, R&D newsletter, IEEE Spectrum, EE Times, SciTechDaily, SpaceDaily, MaterialsToday, Chinese Academy of Science
- 12/2014 Dr. Lin’s first-authored paper in microsupercapacitors directly written by laser on commercial polymer films was published in Nature Communications. The work has been reported by Science Daily, Phys.org, Photonics online, Photonics, Futurity, Rice News, Linkedin, Facebook, R&D Magazine, Azo Materials, IDTechEx, Clean Technica, Graphene-Info.com, Science Newline, Technology.org, Next Big Future, Overlockers Club, Wireless Design and Development, Brightsurf Science, Txchnologist, Technobaha. It was listed as top 10 materials news by Elservier MaterialsToday from Dec. 2014. and also mentioned by NSF website. Magazine The New Yorker has a special annals of innovation on graphene and mentions our work of laser induced graphene (LIG).
- 10/2014 Welcome Anand Katailiha and Gitartha Choudhury joined our group as M.S. graduate students!
- 09/2014 Welcome Chi “Jerry” Zhang joined our group as the first graduate student!
- 09/2014 Dylan, Emily, John and Sean joined our group as undergraduate researchers. Welcome!
- 08/2014 Dr. Lin’s first-authored paper in VO2 nanowires was published in Nano Letters.
- 08/2014 Dr. Lin started his PI position at University of Missouri, Columbia.