C.W. LaPierre Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department
Director, Missouri Water Resources Research Center
W2033 Thomas and Nell Lafferre Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Phone : (573) 884-7414
Baolin Deng is a C.W. LaPierre Professor in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department and the Nuclear Engineering Program at the University of Missouri. He is also a joint faculty in the Chemical Engineering Department and director of the Missouri Water Resources Research Center, a federally funded organization that seeks to develop and use advanced technologies to solve water-related environmental and health problems. He has been principal investigator for two dozen research projects including support by the Department of Energy Environmental Remediation Science Program, National Science Foundation CAREER program and Environmental Protection Agency STAR program. He has authored more than 90 peer-reviewed journal articles and book chapters, and he has served in various proposal review activities for the Department of Energy, Department of Defense, National Science Foundation and Environmental Protection Agency. Additionally, Deng has been a frequent reviewer for more than two dozen journals in environmental and chemical engineering fields. He serves as Asian regional editor for Environmental Engineering Science.
Post-doctoral research National Research Council – US Air Force Armstrong Laboratory Research Associate in Tyndall AFB, Fla.
PhD in Environmental Engineering
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md.
M. Sc. in Geochemistry
B. En. In Applied Chemistry
China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, PRC
Previous teaching appointments
- Assistant/associate professor, Department of Environmental Engineering, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology (1996-2001)
- Research Associate, Environics Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, Tyndall AFB, Fla., National Research Council (NRC) (July 1995-August 1996)
- Research Assistant, Department of Geography and Environmental Engineering, Johns Hopkins University (July 1990-June 1995)
- Visiting Scientist, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Delaware (July 1989-June 1990)
- C. W. LaPierre Professorship (2008 – )
- MU College of Engineering Faculty Research Award, 2005
- MU College of Engineering Faculty Fellow (2003-present)
- CAREER Award, National Science Foundation (2001)
- Summer Faculty Research Associate Award, Air Force Office of Scientific Research Summer Faculty Research Program (May 1997-August 1997)
- Research Associate Award, National Research Council, National Academy of Science (July 1995-August 1996)
- Graduate Student Award, Division of Environmental Chemistry, American Chemical Society (January 1994)